Our house overflows with primary colors.

by heirtoblair on January 7, 2010

BA: “I bought a shirt today.”

Doug: “Oh, yeah?”

BA: “It’s yellow.  I’m not sure how it will look, but I can return it if I hate it.”

Doug: “I like yellow on you.”

BA: “It’s bright yellow.  Like…baby toy yellow.”

I could have said bright goldish yellow.  Or  the yellow found in kindergarten rooms.  Or even referenced a Sherwin Williams paint swatch.  But no, I picked “baby toy yellow.”  & the worst part is, he knew immediately what color I referred to.

Susan January 7, 2010 at 3:51 pm

So happy baby Harrison is turning a corner :) Hang in there – you're a GREAT mom !

Amanda January 7, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Glad Harrison is making progress! I think you are hilarious and a great mother.

Molly January 7, 2010 at 6:09 pm

The best is when you are humming a song and suddenly realize it's a song from one of the baby toys.

Olivea January 7, 2010 at 7:22 pm

I used to nanny my little nephew and used to get the songs to his toys in my head all of the time. I would catch myself humming them even when I wasn't with him!

Mandy January 7, 2010 at 10:03 pm

parenthood WHOOOOOOOOT!

Shelley @ Lemon Tree January 8, 2010 at 3:32 am

Hey…there's nothing wrong with "baby toy yellow!"

It's much better than "baby poop green" or "spitup buff".

Fingers Crossed January 8, 2010 at 4:31 am

haha – I think baby toy yellow is the perfect description for some colors – parent or not you know exactly what shade you're talking about!

Lisa January 8, 2010 at 6:10 am

I didn't realize that almost all baby toys are comprised of the same colors until trying to sort through the Christmas aftermath! Our house is also a huge sea of blue, green, red, yellow, and purple. Any toy you pick up will, for sure, have at least 3 of those colors!
ps. I first found your blog after I too had a miscarriage, I don't really remember how I stumbled upon it, but I've been following since…Your son is gorgeous!

lifeingreene January 8, 2010 at 7:42 am

I only had to look around my living room to reference baby toy yellow. yup. know exactly the hue.

Miranda January 8, 2010 at 8:16 am

LOL! It's apparent you're a parent when…..:)

Mrs. Wonder January 8, 2010 at 9:22 am

Bright, baby-toy yellow is the best! It's my favorite shade of my favorite color.
Even my car is yellow- but we need to get a bigger one. Soon, so long, my Tweety car.

Shandal January 8, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I knew what shade of yellow you were talking about right away too!

Karen @Paper Clips a January 13, 2010 at 7:53 am

I figured it was about time I left a comment, since I think the bloggy link notifications may have already alerted you of my pseudo-bloglove-letter to Blair from last week. Those damn ping/trackback thingies make it difficult to blog-stalk someone.

But anyway, I just had to say that this post gave me a bad case of the giggles. And I think you should get some uni-sex giraffe yellow in there, stat.